Mountains

Mountains
Climb any mountain

Monday, April 29, 2013

Times they are a changing

When my parents started their careers they had no reservations. My Mom would be a teacher her whole career. My Dad would work for the local iron ore plant. They lived in a total of two houses in my home town. The one my Mom is living in now she has been living in since 1972!
Not counting going to University and college (3 different towns) I have lived in Quebec twice; NB; Alberta (3 different towns). My husband has lived all over too: Ontario, BC, AB, NB and Labrador. Staying at the same job is not a matter of stability for us... if one job falls through, we just go onto the next one. Just since moving to AB I have had 5 different jobs, substitute taught in 3 different school districts; opened my own business and  completed my Master's Degree in Counselling. Routine our lives are not but they are filled with joy and love for each other. We find the best in all our situations yet if things are not working out we are not afraid to move on.
A new adventure begins, we are on the road in our RV doing the shutdown circuit. The dogs are happy, I am working on many different projects (maybe a book deal) and Paul is working hard but happy to come "home" to his family instead of a camp room or a roach infested hovel in an overcrowded house filled with strangers.
Times are changing but it doesn't make them bad, just different. We are so lucky to have our health and be able to get out on the road and see Alberta.
I know I will have lots to share in the coming months. Stay tuned.

Janice*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on any post on 4healingheartsandminds