Mountains

Mountains
Climb any mountain

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

PROCESS

My friend Erin and her husband Larry are big believers in PROCESS, everything is a process and process takes time. I was thinking about Erin this morning, no matter what happens, she is always preaching the Process. Her sister is killed by a drunk driver; her mother dies of cancer; her daughter has a serious car accident; she herself is sick or needs surgery she still smiles. "It is all a process, Janice, we take one step forward at a time and we keep on kicking!"
Thank you, Erin, for being a part of my process. My healing process. This poem is for you and our Pat!

Pat was loved and she loved deeply in return. "no, not OUR Pat" said the lady at the local post office!


Responsible to the end, Pat set up trust funds for my brother and I.


Only Pat would think of her cousin's children as her own and want to protect their future.


Caring and kind, Pat lived her life to it's fullest. Crossing the Atlantic on a big ship in her 20s and spending her entire teaching career influencing young minds.


Everyone who met her saw how calm, peaceful and generous she was.


Silly electronic games; novels; and trips to the theatre occupied her time.


She slipped out of this world as she lived in it, quietly and without fuss.

Healing is a process and though I have been busy since she passed, getting her affairs in order, today I took the day to process her death and her life. I will miss her and I am so glad to have had her in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on any post on 4healingheartsandminds