Mountains

Mountains
Climb any mountain

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Encounters With Canada-why volunteer to work with Teens?

This is the letter I received today, you just never know how being yourself (mentor, teacher, friend) can change someone's life!


Dear Janice,

I can't thank you enough for being who you are; and being kind, caring, supportive, loving, etc. You have meant a lot to me(through our morning meetings), and I hope that we may keep in contact. I won't ever forget you.

I'd also like to thank you for this opportunity-- (to my surprise), it really was amazing!
As you may have noticed, I am a quieter person, listening more than I talk, and find it more comfortable with a small group of peers. But EWC forced me to make new friends; if I did not, well, I was alone. I felt like a lone ant trying to climb up an anthill, when I notice others beside me, also struggling, and suddenly figuring out that we'll only succeed if we collaborate. EWC was a launching pad for this, and now I hope that in the future, I will see my peers always continuing to collaborate, connect, and learn, together on our journey up the hill.
And through this experience, I've made sisters for life and am inspired to spread what I found at EWC.
And each individual person.. they were amazing.
Also, David has been the greatest inspiration to me. He is amazing- persevering, hoping, humourous, has pride in himself, il est le meilleur!!

I hope you have a great week, and I'd love to keep corresponding with you. 
And now I have to actually find the motivation to learn French. 

Blessings,
A


A,
Thank you for this email. So often, after leaving EWC we experience a low, or let down period. Reading your email I am confident that I accomplished what I intended to do, which is to teach young people that they can be as great as their most elaborate dream!!! You may have been an ant going up hill but now you know that you can do anything you put your mind too! You too, like all my little ants (I love that) can succeed at whatever you put your mind to and achieve great things.
As I said the very first morning, this is the first day of the rest of your life... you and only you can decide to be the person you are deep inside. Forget all the negative and jump into the future with everything on your side!
J*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on any post on 4healingheartsandminds